Two foreign embassies on Wednesday offered to help relief efforts for victims of the pH of monsoon floods.
The U.S. Embassy aims to provide U.S. $ 100,000 (P4.3 billion) this week to increase state funding for rescue and rehabilitation, has demonstrated a statement.
In a separate statement, the EU delegation in the Philippines, however, to look for help to flood affected areas.
“On behalf of the U.S. government and American people, to extend my sincere sympathies to the displaced and lost homes and livelihoods due to flooding.” Ambassador Harry Thomas Jr., said the statement.
He added the United States agency for International Development also will conduct an assessment of damage early in Metro Manila and other provinces to determine the extent of flood damage and determine the immediate needs of the community.
“[The] United States will work with the Philippine government to determine where our help is needed. We remain committed to helping the Filipino people overcome this difficult time,” Thomas said.
Meanwhile, Lubomir Frebort, in charge of business of the EU delegation in the Philippines, said the Western bloc “extends its deep sympathy over 800,000 people affected by heavy rain in the three regions.”
Meanwhile, the Department of Budget yesterday to P5.95 billion in state of calamity funds will remain available for response and disaster rehabilitation.
This amount is more than P2.989 million in Rapid Response Fund (QRF) released national government agencies earlier this year, Budget Secretary Florencio Abad said in a statement.
Of the total, the Department of Agriculture received P550 million, the Department of Education, P550 million, the Ministry of Health, P170.2 million; Department of Defense, P882.5 million; Department of Public works, P662.5 million, and the Social Service Department, P662.5 million.
“The funds are available to allow the national government agencies to immediately respond to the needs of citizens and people affected by calamities,” says Abbot.